The TPPA “Artist’s Choice” Juried Photographic Exhibition:
Entry Submission Has Now Closed.
This is an open theme with the opportunity for the photographer to submit their best images for consideration. The choice of subject is up to the photographer. The iHeart Photography Conference and Expo is open to all age groups, so entries deemed inappropriate for display will not be accepted.
- The exhibition is open to amateur and professional photographers.
- Entrants warrant that they have the copyright to all submitted work.
- Entrants do not have to register for the iHeart Photography Conference to participate in the contest.
First Place – $200 / Second Place – $125 / Third Place $75
CALENDAR OF EVENTS (All times Central)– Artist’s Choice 2023
September 1 – Submission deadline 5PM Central
September 7 – Notice sent to photographers
October 13, 9AM-NOON – Prints due at the Grapevine Convention Center
October 14 10AM – Exhibit Opens in the iHeart Photography Expo at the Grapevine Convention Center
October 15 Noon – Winners Announced
October 15 3PM – Exhibit closes
October 15 3PM-4PM – Pick up prints
Photographers may submit up to 6 images at $6 each for a non-refundable fee of up to $36.
HOW TO ENTER DIGITAL FILES
1. Register your entries on the Official Registration Form Online
2. Files should be in JPEG format (2-5 MB). Images should be labeled as: First Name-Last Name-Title of Image.jpg
3. The entrant’s name shall not appear anywhere in or on the face of the entry.
4. Upload the file on the Official Registration Form.
5. Pay for your entries on the Official Registration Form.
This competition is for photography. Color and black & white photographs are eligible. Composite images are allowed, however, all aspects of the image must have been captured by the entrant. Artificial Intelligence (AI) images are not allowed.
The Texas Professional Photographers Association (TPPA) will have the right to display, project, and reproduce selected work for exhibition, marketing, and promotional purposes only. Photographers retain copyrights to their individual works.
The Texas Professional Photographers Association (TPPA) will exercise due care in handling the prints, but will not be responsible for loss, damage, or replacement during selection, exhibit, or shipping.
Notification will be emailed to you immediately following the juror’s decision. It will be your official notification of the juror’s selection and this decision is final.
1. If your work is accepted, you will need to send one exhibition-quality print for each accepted image to qualify for any awards. Prints must be mounted and/or matted on a ridged backing (artboard, foam core, sintra board, etc.) with the outside dimensions of at least 14″ and no more than 20” on the longest side.
2. Any work which, upon receipt, is deemed to have been misrepresented by the digital image, or to be of poor technical quality, may be omitted by the juror or the TPPA.
3. Include a check payable to the Texas Professional Photographers Assn to cover return shipping or include a prepaid shipping label for return postage at the conclusion of the exhibit unless you plan to pick up your work.
4. Prints will be returned in the container in which they were received. Prints WITHOUT postage will not be returned.
The Exhibition Gallery is open to the public, and friends and family are welcome to attend.
Saturday, October 14 from 10AM – 4PM
Sunday, October 15 from 11AM – 3PM
If your image(s) are selected, you must send prints to:
Texas Professional Photographers
c/o Steve Kozak
5323 Fig Tree Ln
Grand Prairie, TX 75052
*Shipped Images must arrive at the above address by 5PM Central, October 11
Hand Deliver Only
Friday, October 13 – 9AM – Noon Central
Grapevine Convention Center
1209 S. Main
Questions: Steve Kozak, TPPA Executive Director
email@example.com or (972) 601-9070
JUROR – Kevin Jairaj
Kevin has been commissioned by USA TODAY to take portraits of key members of the USA Summer and Winter Olympic Teams and has also had a recurring role in the Hit Discovery Channel Show “Fast N Loud.”
Kevin covered the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio, and the 2018 Winter Olympics in Pyeongchang for USA Today. In addition, Kevin has covered major sporting events such as Super Bowls, Final Fours, the World Series, and National Championship games.
Kevin has also been the Official Photographer for the College Football Playoff National Championship since its inception in 2015.
Kevin just recently won 1st place in the basketball category in the 2022 World Sports Photography Awards and has just been named a Canon Explorer of Light. Learn More